Thursday, 08 July 2010

Another Caster

I am glad the IAAF has hit back at ridiculous politicians who have jumped on the Caster Semenya band wagon to gain exposure for their political careers. I need not name the politician who referred to "red soxes" and is certainly no longer a youth. What a joke - the matter is not a political one; it is purely a sporting one and is a monstrous administration bungle on the part of Athletics South Africa. The tests were requested by the IAAF before the event and then leaked because some idiot faxed it to the wrong person.

The IAAF also expressed it concerns over the whole saga before the event and asked ASA to exclude her from the 800m race. I don't agree with excluding her from the World Championships or future events, because she is still a woman until proven otherwise, but I feel that administrators have messed it up for our very own World Champion. Administrators in this country get far too much exposure and do too little to improve the sports they represent.

The other concern I have is, why is Caster Semenya being made an example of when in the past there have been many dodgy looking women who have competed in events and won medals? One name comes to mind, and she looks 10 times manlier than Caster, her name is Jarmila Kratochvilova. I hope for Caster's sake this matter is resolved soon so she can go on and dominate world athletics.