I don't think there is a coach in the history of sport that has ever been unhappy with his side winning. Out of all those coaches I don't think any of them would have been bothered by the way their side won. On Saturday the Springboks claimed a win that was certainly not pretty. The third win on the bounce for the Boks and if the records are correct their 9th in 10 tests so far.
The match was tough, players put their bodies on the line and both sides will know that that were in a Tri Nations match after 80 minutes of brutal rugby. I don't think coach Peter de Villiers is too concerned with the fact that Jacques Fourie did not touch the ball or the fact that Bryan Habana and JP Pietersen had to look for work, I think he will be more concerned about the time his players get to rest. The team will have a two week break to mend any bashes and bruises before departing on the 24th of this month.
3 tests in 3 weeks is hard work and P Divvy will be hoping his side heal up very quickly as they embark on what is potentially a Tri Nations winning trip to Antipodes. The World champions are sitting pretty on 12 points with the All Blacks second on 4 and the Wallabies on 1. A win on the road could be all it takes for the Boks to lift the Tri Nations trophy again.
One area of concern is possibly the lack of tries, but in the end a point is a point, if your team has someone who can slot penalties from every angle of the park, then who cares if you only score 1 try in your victory? I certainly don't.