Thursday, 08 July 2010
Here is a short blog on the World Cup so far...
I am so proud of Bafana Bafana, the lads did the Nation proud and sent the French scurrying like headless chickens after that super clash in Bloemfontein. I was delighted to see the grumpy and disorganized French crushed, but I could not help myself and wonder what would have happened if Katlego Mphela's strike against Mexico had struck the post and gone into the goal. If Bafana had won that opening match and then lost to Uruguay and recorded the win against France we might have been playing South Korea or Argentina this weekend. That has not happened and we can only dream about the potential clashes, but we can hold our heads high, the major thing now is to use this platform that Carlos Alberto Parreira has created and build on it. Qualifying for the AFCON competition and the 2014 World Cup are non negotiable, Bafana now needs to reestablish itself as a powerhouse of Africa and climb back up the rankings, our time to shine has come, so lets continue to deliver and I believe South Africa has enough quality local coaches to continue the rejuvenation of South African football.