Thursday, 08 July 2010

Super duper 15

I made my Super 14 presenting debut on Saturday and got a real buzz covering the rugby tournament I regard as the toughest in the world. I worked with former Springbok Warren Brosnihan and felt quite at home watching the 3 games. I then realized that I was doing the Bulls first up and that there were hundred of thousands of fans watching the game and that I had to sound intelligent and not like a bumbling idiot - no pressure Sias! Unfortunately the game did not go well for the defending champions, but my debut went smoothly as the short time we had flew by. I did not offend anyone and sounded slightly informative. The next New Zealand derby was relaxed and also moved on without incident. The Cheetahs were next and got spanked - I turned to Warren and asked how we remain positive when the side is so shite? "Bros" just said keep it simple and focus on the positives. Let's just say the wrap was short and seriously simple. The Cheetahs need to find some miracle or face being smashed down under, injuries are a factor, but when the team does not show any heart or determination, they cannot win. The Bulls and Stormers shouldn't lose any sleep just yet, but should be aware that complacency will be their downfall. The Sharks have won 3 on the trot now and will need to keep winning and hope some other results go their way if they are to make the play offs.